Welcome to the Blue Ridge Chapter of FSP!
August 5, 2013
One of the most satisfying experiences of a long career in this business has been the privilege of being a part of our FSP chapter start up, and the fact that we have been recognized as the number one small chapter in the nation makes it even more special. Thank you to our board: Rod, Tom, Mike, Haynes and Doug along with the rest of our members who have decided to commit time out of busy schedules for making this happen. Our mandate is to make this into a rewarding investment and experience for all of us.
Our accomplishments during our first year have been:
· An organizational meeting and three successful and informative teleconferences
· One of the conferences was a joint meeting with NCAIFA. One of the keys to our success has been close cooperation with our sister organizations which also includes the Estate Planners Council and HUA.
· The start of a good relationship with Western Carolina University which has let us use their outstanding facilities at Biltmore Park for our meetings
· A solid growth in membership which now stands at 19
What we have done is the start of where we are going. At our board meeting last week, we have set the following agenda for the coming year:
· Teleconferences will be held probably at the WCU Biltmore campus in November, February and May
· A joint meeting with the Estate Planners will be held on September 19. See the enclosed flyer.
· A “Professional Day” is being planned for late March or early April with well known speakers and CE for all disciplines. More soon.
· We hope to enter into a University Partnership Program with WCU. An exploratory meeting for this purpose is being held this month.
· We will seek to foster professional growth and development for our members through utilization of FSP resources and through encouraging our associate members in the pursuit of their designations.
· We have the potential for significant membership growth in North East Tennessee and Upstate South Carolina. It is unrealistic to expect them to attend all of our functions. We will encourage the formation of satellites in these areas and help them set up their own programming, such as holding their own teleconferences.
This newsletter is going to both members and potential members (a list is enclosed). If you are a member, Thank you! If you are not, we would be fortunate to have you join us. I feel strongly that we need each other. It’s great to be Number One. Let’s do it again.
Click here to find out our next meeting: http://www.financialpro.org/microsites/241/Final Sep 19.2013 Flyer.doc